1. Ss. can grasp the meaning of the following words and phrases: cartoon, handsome, smart, fight, cool, humorous, can’t help doing sth., laugh, lesson, and remember them..
2. Ss. will learn the sentences: I like humorous cartoons, Superman is brave, I can’t help laughing when I watch them.
3. Ss. will master how to describe their favorite cartoon.
1. Ss will have a free talk about cartoons.
2. Ss. will watch Tom and Jerry, after watching, teacher will help Ss. summary the video main idea.
1. The teacher will teach Ss. new words and shows the cards of new words and let Ss. race to be the first to answer the words.
cartoon n. 漫画;动画片 handsome adj. 英俊的
smart adj. 聪明的 shy n. 天空
cool adj. 酷的 hero n. 英雄;男主角
humorous adj. 幽默的 laugh v. 笑
lesson n. 经验;教训
2. Learn new sentences. The teacher will make the following sentences and let Ss. read them:
The superman is handsome.
The mouse is smart.
I love watching cartoons.
Superman is cool.
There is a lesson.
3. The teacher will ask Ss. into groups to discuss cartoons, and think about the following questions:
A. What kind of cartoons do you like?
B. Do cartoons always end in a happy way?
C. What cartoons do you think are funny?
1. Ss. will listen to Part 2 and follow the tape to read the following words: brave, cartoon, cute, funny, handsome, smart.
2. Listen to Part 3 and think about the following questions:
A. What does Tony think about Spiderman?
B. Why does Daming think Superman is better?
C. Why do they both like Tom and Jerry?
D. What lesson can Tony learn from Tom and Jerry?
3. Ss. will listen to Part 3 again and repeat the dialogue.
1. Teacher will ask Ss. to retell the dialogue of Tony and Daming.
2. Ss. will role play the dialogue.
3. After learning, Ss. will do some practice, and fill the following blank.
It is wellknown that man is more clever than any animals. But which is the most clever 1. a______?Some scientists 2. t______ it should be Alex, an African grey parrot. He can really 3. t______ with people!
When he says “come here”, he really 4. w______ someone to come up to him.
“Alex is as clever as a 5. c______ of two or three years old,” says Pepperberg. “He does not just repeat the sound he has been taught. He 6. u______ the words.
Alex can tell about fifty 7. d______ things, name seven colours and count 8. f______1 to 6. Is the parrot actually thinking in the 9. w______ how man does? Nobody can say. But the 10. q______ is very interesting.
Review the new words and phrase in the text and confirm the objectives are obtained.
Write a passage within 100 words about favorite cartoons.